This ITIL® Foundation course covers the IT Infrastructure Library best practices. ITIL® is globally accepted as the most widely used best practices for IT service management. This course gives students the necessary knowledge to enter or enhance their career in project management or IT service management. Companies that use ITIL best practices range from the Fortune 500 market, Government, DOD, small businesses, and is used internationally. This course covers the 5 main concepts within ITIL®: Service Strategy, Design, Transition, Operation and Continual Service Improvement.
This course is led by David Bigger.
Students can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification.
- Service management as a practice (Comprehension)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to define the concept of a service, and to comprehend and explain the concept of service management as a practice.
- The ITIL service lifecycle (Comprehension)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to understand the value of the ITIL service lifecycle, how the processes integrate with each other, throughout the lifecycle. and explain the objectives, scope and business value for each phase in the lifecycle.
- Generic concepts and definitions (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to define some of the key terminology and explain the key concepts of service management.
- Key principles and models (Comprehension)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to comprehend and account for the key principles and models of service management and to balance some of the opposing forces within service management.
- Selected processes (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate understand how the service management processes contribute to the ITIL service lifecycle, to explain the purpose, objectives, scope, basic concepts, activities and interfaces for four of the core processes, and to state the purpose, objectives and scope for eighteen of the remaining processes.
- Selected roles (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to explain the role, objectives and organizational structures of the service desk function, and to state the role, objectives and overlap of three other functions.
- Selected functions (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate to account for and to be aware of the responsibilities of some of the key roles in service management
- Technology and architecture (Awareness)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate understand how service automation assists with integrating service management processes.
- Competence and training (Awareness – not examinable)
- The purpose of this unit is to help the candidate understand the levels of competence and skills for service management, the competence and skills framework and training requirements.
This Course Contains:
- An instructor lead lecture series that will teach you the information necessary to pass the live exam.
- A series of practice questions aimed at preparing you for the live exam.
- Student Forums, where you can share ideas and feedback with our learning community.
- Instructor Support.
- Our ITU Pass Guarantee
We are in the process of becoming accredited for this course by ACQUIROS. ACQUIROS is an Examination Institute of AXELOS Limited.
ITIL® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.